If you are looking to take your career in another direction, then this is a perfect opportunity for you! Ancillary Advantage has an immediate opening for a full-time Medical Authorization Specialist in Canton, Ohio!
What does this position entail?
You will be responsible for the accurate and timely authorization/pre-certification and verification of benefits with medical insurance payers .
The Essential Job Functions include, but are not limited to:
- Perform quality control on new accounts and charge orders per Ancillary Advantage policies and procedures.
- Obtain daily coversheets or paperwork for accounts to be worked or entered into billing syste
- Work as a team with the Field Operations personnel to ensure accurate and timely selection of open charge orders.
- Review assigned payer sites for medical policy changes, manual updates, and provider bulletins.
- Review and verify all insurance requests within 24-hours of rece
- Communicate process or medical insurance payer requirements and/or changes to the Field Operations personnel.
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of billing system functions to effectively execute job duties.
- Strong working knowledge of ICD-9/10, CPT, and HCPC codes, and HIPAA laws.
- Prepare adjustments for A/R for approval and processing.
Your daily work hours Monday through Friday will be either 8:00am-5:00pm, or 9:00am-6:00pm; dependent upon the shift required for this position. You will be working in our Reimbursement Office located in the Glass Tower in Canton with our dynamic team members in billing, payment posting, and collections.
As a new employee, you will receive on-site hands-on training alongside our Billing Supervisor in addition to support from the Billing Team colleagues. You will also receive annual HIPAA, OSHA, and EEO compliance training through a web-based learning system right from your work computer.
What are the qualifications for this position?
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1+ years of current work experience in medical authorization/pre-certification and verification of benefits for self-pay, medical insurance payers, and government programs preferred.
- Previous experience in the durable medical equipment field preferred.
- Above average interpersonal communication skills required: ability to conduct productive phone conversations with the medical insurance payers representatives, and team work within the Billing Team.
- High attention to details and strong organization skills is critical.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize, and meet deadlines consistently.
- Write professional and courteous correspondence via email and letters.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Working knowledge of business and communication software such as MS Office (Word, Excel, and other related programs), medical software programs, and general business equipment (copier, printer, fax, and scanner).
- Work projects as assigned by management.
What about benefits?
Ancillary Advantage offers an exciting benefits package which begins the first day of the month following your first 30-days with the company:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Basic Life Insurance and Short Term Disability paid for by the company for all regular fulltime employees!
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for healthcare and/or dependent care costs—includes a debit card!
We offer a retirement 401(k) Plan – you will be auto-enrolled at a set deferral rate (which you can change at any time) after completing your first 6 months of employment, and , after you’ve reached your first anniversary with the company, you will be eligible for the quarterly Employer Match !
How do I apply for this exceptional opportunity and what is the interview process?
- Upload your resume, cover letter, and professional references to this Indeed job posting,
- Upload your resume, cover letter, and professional references on our Careers page (www.ancillaryadvantage.com) for the open position(s) which you are applying.
The interview process goes like this:
First, the HR Team will conduct phone interviews with applicants who meet the qualifications for the open position as a screening process before forwarding the applicant’s information to the Hiring Manager for consideration. The second interview will take place in-person with the Hiring Manager at our Reimbursement Office.
Your response will be held in the strictest confidence.
Who is Ancillary Advantage?
Ancillary Advantage is a practice management company specializing in DME orthopaedic bracing. We provide programs that our customers to purchase and dispense orthopaedic braces, supports, and other ancillary products. We are not a manufacturer steering you to a limited selection of products. We are not a consultant that earns a fee regardless of whether or not your program is successful. We earn our fees only when you profitably dispenses and collect the products you provide to your patients.
Since 1999, we have been in business of providing practice management services to healthcare practices. Today, with almost 50 practices and 500 providers using our services, we are one of the largest independent orthopaedic bracing providers in the country.
The Ancillary Advantage team has over 30 combined years of experience in the orthopaedic industry and understands what it takes to implement and operate a successful orthopaedic bracing program. Each member of our senior management team has ten or more years of experience in the orthopaedic industry. Each of our Account Managers began their careers with us as DME Coordinators so they intimately understand the clinical operations of an orthopaedic program. And, many of our DME Coordinators are Certified Athletic Trainers with experience working in a clinical environment.
We are with you every step of the way to ensure your program is operating at the highest level possible, both clinically and financially. How we support our customers is the key to our success. This support includes an HR and Regional Management team, all of whom have previously worked in a clinical environment. We recruit, hire, train, and manage DME Coordinators on-site at your locations. With an on-site, dedicated DME Coordinator, we ensure the success of your program.
Ancillary Advantage is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is a Drug-Free Workforce.
Job Type: Full-time
- Canton, OH
- High school or equivalent
- pre-certification with insurance company: 1 year
- verification of benefits: 1 year
About Ancillary Advantage, Inc.
Ancillary Advantage, Inc. has been categorized as Business Services : Consulting employer and has a rating of 3.0 / 5 out of a total count of 1 ratings
Posted 30+ days ago - Save Job
Related Medical Jobs
Medical Authorization Clerk
Salem Solutions, LLC - Winston-Salem, NC
5 days ago
Authorization Specialist - Medical
Phoenix Neurological Institute - Chandler, AZ 85224
9 days ago
Medical Authorization Specialist
Methodist Health System - Dallas, TX
7 days ago
Medical Authorization Specialist
CVS Health - Rancho Cordova, CA
13 days ago
Medical Authorization Specialist
PICC - Bakersfield, CA
30+ days ago