Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Work Hours per Biweekly Pay Period: 80
Shift Time: 8am-5pm
Location: Oates Building, Oates Building: Downtown Lakeland: FL
Responsible for a variety of office tasks relating to a patient's account throughout the revenue cycle. Actively participates in team development, achieving dashboards, and in accomplishing department goals and objectives. Responsible for adhering to all Federal regulations and maintaining current knowledge of Medicaid, Medicaid Managed Care, out of state Medicaid, Medicare and Medicare Advantage Plans, Commercial, Liability, and Workers Compensation guidelines. This position is a working member of a team with daily expectations to achieve operational targets and customer satisfaction. This position may have responsibility for certain job functions in one of the following areas; billing, follow-up, collection, denials, cash applications, customer service, self pay, or patient access.
Standard Work Duties: Patient Account Representative III
- Ability to communicate clearly with others on the telephone and in person.
- May be in frequent contact with patients, attorneys, employers, physicians, and others necessary to obtain information for resolution of a patient account.
- Good follow through skills.
- Proficient at entry of accurate data.
- Composes and types routine correspondence, emails, letters, faxes, etc.
- Must be able to adapt to frequent changes in the work environment, delays, or unexpected events.
- Verifies and performs mathematical computations; maintains files.
- Must be capable of performing detail oriented tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
* High School or Equivalent
* Associate Degree
Preferred: AAHAM or HFMA certification
Two years general patient accounting experience.
Experience working with and general understanding of Medicaid, Medicaid Manage Care, Medicare, Medicare Advantage plans, Commercial, Liability, and Workers' Compensation payors.
Four years general patient accounting experience.
Experience working with and extensive understanding of Medicaid, Medicaid Manage Care, Medicare, Medicare Advantage plans, Commercial, Liability, and Workers' Compensation payors. ... Learn More
About Lakeland Regional Health
Lakeland Regional Health has been categorized as Health Care : Health Care Services & Hospitals employer and has a rating of 3.5 / 5 out of a total count of 79 ratings
Posted 30+ days ago - Save Job
Related Medical Jobs
Patient Account Representative III - Cust Svce & F Cl
Lakeland Regional Health - Lakeland, FL
30+ days ago