According to the National Institute of Mental Health, an estimated 26.2 percent of adults suffer from a diagnosable mental disorder. Recognizing this need, we at Lakeland Regional Health have devoted ourselves in creating the best mental health facilities possible. We are dedicated to improving outcomes and helping people get well. From helping children and parents survive divorce, to treating depression, our licensed clinical staff provides a team approach to care. Under the direction of a board-certified psychiatrist, our mental health facilities provide in- and out-patient care to adults at all levels of mental health severity. Under the direction of our board-certified child and adolescent psychiatrist, we also provide services to adolescents who require mental health treatment. If you have a heart for those suffering from mental health disorders, please consider joining our mental health department. We have the following opportunity:
Work Type: Active - Benefit Eligible and Accrues Time Off
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday Nights
Work Hours per Biweekly Pay Period: 72
Shift Time: 7p-7:30a
Location: Medical Center, US: FL: Lakeland
Responsible to the Team Leader, he/she works in a work team committed to a common purpose and goals. The MHA works under the supervision of team's licensed clinical staff in the provision of routine care to assigned patients. His/her functions also include assisting with the patient's admission to and discharge from the hospital. The MHA assists with other functions/ tasks of the team as assigned by the WTL and department manager(s). He/she is responsible to function in accordance with approved policies, procedures and protocols of the department and hospital. The MHA contributes to positive outcomes and meeting the cultural expectations of the organization by exhibiting professional behavior. He/she shares responsibility for all aspects of patient and team functions.
* People At The Heart Of All We Do
- Fosters an inclusive and engaged environment through teamwork and collaboration.
- Ensures patients and families have the best possible experiences across the continuum of care.
- Communicates appropriately with patients, families, team members, and our community in a manner that treasures all people as uniquely created.
* Safety And Performance Improvement
- Behaves in a mindful manner focused on self, patient, visitor, and team safety.
- Demonstrates accountability and commitment to quality work.
- Participates actively in process improvement and adoption of standard work.
- Demonstrates responsible use of LRH's resources including people, finances, equipment and facilities.
- Knows and adheres to organizational and department policies and procedures.
* Standard Work Duties: Mental Health Assistant
- Observes and monitors behaviors of patients to ensure patient safety. Reports observations by appropriate clinical charting in the medical record and by direct verbal communication to licensed staff (RN, LPN, MSW/Counselor, MD) when patient care/safety warrant immediate communication.
- Obtains and records vital signs, height, weight, oral intake/output, etc. as directed 100% of the time.
- Ensures that the unit provides a clean and safe environment for patients and staff.
- Assists with patient care needs. Continuously assesses patients for changing needs for assistance
- Answers patient / family requests for assistance promptly and courteously
- Assists in patient treatment and management (e.g. Assisting in monitoring of physical examinations, crisis intervention for physically acting out patients, obtaining laboratory specimens).
- Participates in treatment planning and patient management by providing accurate and objective behavioral observations and making suggestions regarding care needs.
- Assists with patient admission and discharge.
- Performs various clerical tasks as needed in support of patient care and team function. This includes patient record functions, computer tasks, supply monitoring, telephone/message management.
Qualifications & Experience
* High School or Equivalent
* Associate Degree
Education equivalent experience:
* Associates degree in a Behavioral Science or clearly related field or PCA training program
Certifications Essential: Per department or hospital requirements and relevant policies. BLS ... Learn More
About Lakeland Regional Health
Lakeland Regional Health has been categorized as Health Care : Health Care Services & Hospitals employer and has a rating of 3.5 / 5 out of a total count of 79 ratings
Posted 18 days ago - Save Job
Related Medical Jobs
Mental Health Assistant - Mental Health Services
Lakeland Regional Health - Lakeland, FL
18 days ago
Mental Health Assistant--Per Diem
Anchor Hospital - Atlanta, GA 30349
30+ days ago
Mental Health Assistant I - P/T
Lifeways Mental Health Services - Ontario, OR 97914
30+ days ago
Mental Health Counselor
Destined for Options LLC - Chalmette, LA 70043
30+ days ago
TLCS, Inc. - Sacramento, CA 95864
30+ days ago