Position Overview :
Under general supervision of Medical Director and Practice Administrator, uses independent judgment to manage the research program in concert with clinical and ancillary departments. Monitors new program and patient recruitment, coordination, training, patient relations and trouble-shooting as needed. Works with the physicians, managers and staff to promote quality and cost effective daily operations. Establishes and maintains good interpersonal relationships with patients, their families, the public and co-workers. This position works collaboratively with all other staff to assist the patient and facilitate successful patient interaction with the practice team. This position reflects and carries forward the mission and goals of the practice both internally and throughout the community.
Apply practice standing orders when performing various job functions
A. Research Services:
- Coordinate clinical trials, both sponsor-led and investigator-initiated. Communicate with the institutional review board (IRB) to ensure study compliance - study applications, continuing reviews, and reporting of unanticipated problems. Ensures strict adherence to trial protocols and evaluates in cooperation Chief Investigators.
- Create study documents including informed consents and case report forms. Track enrolled patients for record retention and to ensure appropriate follow-up per protocol. Coordinate effort between the site and sponsor/monitor to initiate and maintain clinical trials. Assist in protocol development and trial design for new investigator-initiated projects.
- Draft and revise research manuscripts. Perform data collection. Conduct statistical analyses and report results. Edit manuscripts per journal guidelines for submission.
- Liaises with provider group to validate timely and appropriate transmission of trial information.
- In conjunction with office administration and clinical sections, anticipates short- and long-term resource requirements for the clinical research department.
- Assist in creating and revising existing policies and procedures for the Research Department.
B. Administrative Duties:
- Protect Clinical Research assets through insurance and the establishment of internal controls. Maintain adequate backup and security of all data.
- Negotiate Clinical Research contracts with sponsors.
- Report activity, progress and performance of all research teams regularly. Provide verbal and written reports on technical and administrative subjects relative to Clinical Research operations to senior management.
- Minimum two years experience with clinical research regulations, protocols, ethics.
- Minimum two years’ experience in healthcare setting.
- College degree required with significant nursing/medical assistant/clinical or medical technology/pharmaceutical experience.
- Proven ‘team player’ experience.
- Demonstrated experience in computer use.
- Demonstrated competence interpersonal and intra professional relations.
- ACRP or SoCRA certification
- Current license as a RN or LPN.
- Advanced degree preferred . Experience in reviewing/procuring study protocols and grant writing.
- Experience in medical terminology.
- Knowledge of EMR practice management system.
To apply, please respond to this ad with a copy of your resume.
Job Type: Part-time... Learn More
About Crouse Medical Practice, PLLC
Posted 30+ days ago - Save Job
Related Medical Jobs
Neuroscience Clinical (Research) Trials Coordinator (Part-Time)
Crouse Medical Practice, PLLC - Syracuse, NY
30+ days ago