Greets patients; schedules and registers MFA patients; performs payment collection process; and provides other administrative and customer-related duties including but not limited to in-processing and out-processing support as needed to provide an excellent experience for MFA patients and support for providers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Greets and directs patients for appointments, tests, referrals and information utilizing effective customer relations skills and telephone techniques.
2. Schedules patient appointments, tests and procedures using a computerized scheduling system; prepares appointment notices; schedules physician referrals inside and outside the MFA; provides patient instructions verbally or in writing in order for patient to prepare for appointment.
3. Obtains documents and verifies patient demographic, financial and insurance information using a computerized scheduling system.
4. Performs pre-registration activities to gather demographic information; determines medical insurance coverage; identifies patients with delinquent accounts; confirms appointments; and registers patients into a computerized system.
5. Performs patient appointment maintenance activities, as necessary, to assure patient appointment history is accurate.
6. Works with patients on unpaid balances from previous visits prior to scheduling subsequent appointments.
7. Collects payment due at time of appointment as well as payments for unpaid balances; prepares receipts for all monies collected; provides copies for reception area, billing office and the patient.
8. Prints forms or reminder cards necessary to facilitate the patient encounter and daily operations.
9. Works with physicians, providers, and clinical staff to facilitate the patient encounter and departmentally assigned responsibilities.
10. Assists in answering inquiries regarding services and provides information regarding procedures, rules and regulations pertaining to assigned clinical area.
11. Provides indigent patients with lists of alternative medical resources.
12. Other duties as assigned and/or needed.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education High school graduation is necessary. Two years of college is preferred.
Experience Two years of experience in providing customer services is necessary, preferably at least a year in physician office and/or ambulatory care setting. At least a year performing patient scheduling is preferred. Experience utilizing a computerized patient scheduling system or computer terminals is necessary. Familiarity with medical insurance and medical terminology is preferred along with referral and prescription intake experience. Typing skills of 30 WPM is required. Knowledge of patient scheduling/registration systems is preferred.
Competencies Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate providing verbal feedback in a professional manner. Must be able to follow and understand instructions, and react favorably in all work situations. Must be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people.
Functional or day-to-day supervision is received from onsite Office Manager. Office Manager reports to Administrator. ... Learn More
About George Washington Medical Faculty Associates
George Washington Medical Faculty Associates has been categorized as Health Care : Health Care Services & Hospitals employer and has a rating of 2.4 / 5 out of a total count of 56 ratings
Posted 30 days ago - Save Job
Related Medical Jobs
Patient Service Specialist - OB/GYN-Rockville/Germantown
George Washington Medical Faculty Associates - Rockville, MD
30 days ago