MedStar Georgetown University Hospital (MGUH) is seeking skilled Patient Registration Associates. You are the ideal candidate if you are passionate about the quality of care patients and families receive in an acute care setting. This is an excellent opportunity to provide assistance to patients and learn about the operations of a medical practice with a reputation for medical excellence and leadership!
This position supports outpatient and inpatient services in MGUH or the Georgetown Physicians Group (GPG). All associates at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital support the physical and spiritual comfort of our patients and families in the Jesuit tradition of cura personalis , caring for the whole person.
Positions Are Currently Available in the Following Departments:
- Lombardi Clinic
- Surgery - Ourisman
- Pediatrics Clinic
- Pediatrics (St. Mary's County, MD)
- Coordinate all functions and activities related to patient access, including the flow of information and patient activity before and during patient visits.
- Greet patients and respond to inquiries in a caring and empathetic manner. Resolve any issues with patient appointments and all outstanding alerts upon patient arrival.
- Perform accurate and complete patient registration, including obtaining and verifying complete demographic and insurance information.
- Assist patients with insurance referrals, verifications and pre-authorizations; maintain ongoing communication with vendors as needed.
- Ensure that patient appointments are statused in electronic medical record systems in a timely manner.
- Answer incoming calls to practice, schedule appointments, obtain basic clinical information from patients and callers, and determine referral requirements.
- Complete accurate Time-of-Service (TOS) payment processing and balance all TOS payments; may prepare end-of-day batch entry forms, control logs and missing charge reports.
- Collect visit copayment, co-insurance, balance on account, and self-pay payments. Post payments to patient's account and provide patient with system-generated receipt.
- High school diploma or GED required; Associate's degree preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in a medical/clinical office.
- Experience with computerized scheduling and registration systems.
- Knowledge of IDX / GE Centricity Business preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Experience with an electronic health record system preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to proactively identify and support any activities that support excellent patient care.
Qualified applicants will be contacted via email to take a career assessment. On-site testing in Arlington, Virginia to assess technical skill proficiency is also required.
About MedStar Georgetown University Hospital:
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital located in Northwest Washington, DC. With a 609-licensed-bed hospital and 1,100 physicians, MedStar Georgetown 's clinical services represent one of the largest healthcare delivery networks in the area. Founded in the Jesuit principle of cura personalis - caring for the whole person - we are committed to offering a variety of innovative diagnostic and treatment options within a trusting and compassionate environment. Along with Magnet® nurses, internationally recognized physicians, advanced research and cutting-edge technologies, MedStar Georgetown's healthcare professionals have a reputation for medical excellence and leadership.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation.
- Superb educational opportunities plus tuition assistance.
- A generous benefits package, including several health insurance options, up to 20 days paid leave in the first year, personal and legal holidays, and more.
- New and upgraded training facility.
- Free shuttle from Metro stations.
- A commitment to excellence in all we do!
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Administrative Assistant, Admin Asst, Receptionist, Scheduler, Clerk, Clerical, Secretary, Secretarial, MS Office, Microsoft, Word, Excel, PowerPoint ... Learn More
About Medstar Georgetown University Hospital
MedStar Health is a not-for-profit healthcare organization. It operates more than 120 entities, incl Medstar Georgetown University Hospital has been categorized as Health Care : Health Care Services & Hospitals employer and has a rating of 3.4 / 5 out of a total count of 278 ratings
Posted 13 days ago - Save Job
Related Medical Jobs
Patient Registration Associate, Health System, Days (Clerical)
Medstar Georgetown University Hospital - Washington, DC 20007
13 days ago