Providence is calling a Laboratory Specimen Processing Coordinator to Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA.
This is a 1.0 FTE, evening shift position.
In this position you will:
- Research and Coordinate all sendout (esoteric) testing activities
- Assist operation supervisors in day-to-day operations of Paclab processing department
- Troubleshoot multiple computer systems as it relates to problem specimen, orders in interface, and results interfacing
- Computer inquiry and entry to maintain patient demographic as well as test ordering details in multiple computer systems in accordance with compliance guidelines
- Process and prepare samples for testing at PRMCE laboratories and Patient Service Centers
- Process, prepare and package samples for delivery to reference labs
- Provide technical and advisory expertise primarily to nursing, medical and lab staff to meet their immediate testing needs
- Act as a Sendout consultant to other Providence Health System facilities
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Associate Degree in related health sciences or eligible for graduation within three (3) months of hire or transfer into position
- Five (5) years of clinical laboratory experience
- MLT (ASCP) or equivalent (Acceptable equivalent certification will be confirmed by the Laboratory department during the applicant screening process)
- Proficient with computers and programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel
- Experience with Laboratory Information Systems
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Ability to read, write and speak English
Five (5) years of clinical laboratory experience in the sendout area of a laboratory
Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA is the state’s most award-winning hospital for medical care; having received the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence four years in a row. Our new state-of-the-art 12 story hospital tower and the implementation of an electronic medical records system will significantly enhance our patient’s experience throughout the continuum of care.
The hospital is located in Snohomish County on the Sound and close to the mountains, so outdoor activities such as snow skiing, kayaking, and golfing are at your doorstep. The communities in Snohomish have all the comforts and appeal of small towns, with historical districts, beautiful homes, interesting boutiques, and unique restaurants, yet the city life of Seattle and Bellevue are just 30 minutes south, while the cosmopolitan city of Vancouver, BC lies only 2 hours north.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 76,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 475 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Lab (Medical Technologist, Medical Lab Technologist)
Req ID: 141068 ... Learn More
About Providence Health & Services
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic health care system operating multiple hosp Providence Health & Services has been categorized as Health Care : Health Care Services & Hospitals employer and has a rating of 3.7 / 5 out of a total count of 987 ratings
Posted 30+ days ago - Save Job
Related Medical Jobs