Compass Health is the region’s largest private, non-profit organization providing mental health and chemical dependency services in Island, San Juan, Skagit, Snohomish, and Whatcom counties of Western Washington. We provide quality creative services to children, families and adults in a variety of outpatient, residential and inpatient settings. Our goal is to help people stay in their home and in their community, surrounded by family and friends who can support them during difficult times.
WE ARE CURRENTLY RECRUITING FOR THE FOLLOWING:
Peer Counselor (multiple positions available)
Program: 31503 – GROWTH Peer Center
Hours: 1 Part-time (12 hours/week) / 1 On-call (hours vary based on need)
Wage: $13.26 - $22.36/hour, DOE
The GROWTH Peer Center in Everett is looking to hire Peer Counselors to provide peer support services to clients under the supervision of the Program Manager. The Peer Counselor promotes a positive, safe, recovery oriented environment in the Center, provides support to members within the Center, engages members in groups and activities, and facilitates recovery oriented support groups. These groups and activities are intended to promote stabilization, recovery, self-advocacy, development of natural supports, and the development and maintenance of community living skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Eligibility to become a Certified Peer Counselor and ability to obtain certification within one year of hire required. Current Peer Counselor Certification preferred.
- Experience as a Peer Counselor preferred.
- Individuals who do not already hold a license or associate license through the Washington State Department of Health must submit Agency Affiliated Counselor application upon hire and be approved by the DOH.
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License including vehicle and appropriate insurance, if applicable.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of rehabilitation and recovery.
- Knowledge of mental illnesses and chemical dependency, and effective strategies for dealing with its effects.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to partner with consumers and mental health professionals. Must be able to maintain professional boundaries.
- Ability to maintain a positive, solution-focused demeanor when responding to conflicts or problems.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to multitask within a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- General computer proficiency, including the ability to utilize electronic medical record systems.
- Ability to pass pre-employment criminal background check, which may or may not include an additional search by DSHS.
For more information about Compass Health, please visit our website at www.compasshealth.org.
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Part-time
- High school or equivalent
- mental health and/or chemical dependency: 1 year
About Compass Health
Compass Health has been categorized as Health Care : Health Care Services & Hospitals employer and has a rating of 3.3 / 5 out of a total count of 28 ratings
Posted 30+ days ago - Save Job
Related Medical Jobs