Work Hours per Biweekly Pay Period: 80
Shift Time: 8:00-4:30
Location: Oates Building, Lakeland: FL
Responsible for a variety of office tasks relating to a patientÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s account throughout the revenue cycle. Actively participates in team development, achieving dashboards, and in accomplishing department goals and objectives. Responsible for adhering to all Federal regulations and maintaining current knowledge of Medicaid, Medicaid Managed Care, out of state Medicaid, Medicare and Medicare Advantage Plans, Commercial, Liability, and Workers' Compensation guidelines. This position is a working member of a team with daily expectations to achieve operational targets and customer satisfaction. This position may have responsibility for certain job functions in one of the following areas; billing, follow-up, collection, denials, cash applications, customer service, self pay, or patient access.
* People At The Heart Of All We Do
- Fosters an inclusive and engaged environment through teamwork and collaboration.
- Ensures patients and families have the best possible experiences across the continuum of care.
- Communicates appropriately with patients, families, team members, and our community in a manner that treasures all people as uniquely created.
* Safety And Performance Improvement
- Behaves in a mindful manner focused on self, patient, visitor, and team safety.
- Demonstrates accountability and commitment to quality work.
- Participates actively in process improvement and adoption of standard work.
- Demonstrates responsible use of LRH's resources including people, finances, equipment and facilities.
- Knows and adheres to organizational and department policies and procedures.
* Standard Work Duties: Patient Account Representative III
- Ability to communicate clearly with others on the telephone and in person.
- May be in frequent contact with patients, attorneys, employers, physicians, and others necessary to obtain information for resolution of a patient account.
- Good follow through skills.
- Proficient at entry of accurate data.
- Composes and types routine correspondence, emails, letters, faxes, etc.
- Must be able to adapt to frequent changes in the work environment, delays, or unexpected events.
- Verifies and performs mathematical computations; maintains files.
- Must be capable of performing detail oriented tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
* High School or Equivalent
* Associate Degree
Certifications Preferred: AAHAM or HFMA certification
Essential: Two years general patient accounting experience. Experience working with and general understanding of Medicaid, Medicaid Manage Care, Medicare, Medicare Advantage plans, Commercial, Liability, and Workers' Compensation payors.
Preferred: Four years general patient accounting experience. Experience working with and extensive understanding of Medicaid, Medicaid Manage Care, Medicare, Medicare Advantage plans, Commercial, Liability, and Workers' Compensation payors. ... Learn More
About Lakeland Regional Health
Lakeland Regional Health has been categorized as Health Care : Health Care Services & Hospitals employer and has a rating of 3.5 / 5 out of a total count of 79 ratings
Posted 6 days ago - Save Job
Related Medical Jobs
Patient Account Representative III - Bill/Govt Followup
Lakeland Regional Health - Lakeland, FL
6 days ago